Re: [Sc-devel] "inNumSamples" misnamed?

I've never thought of it in terms of input or output, but in terms of the number of samples I need to loop for.

Josh

On Nov 26, 2007, at 7:36 AM, ronald kuivila wrote:

On Nov 26, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Dan Stowell wrote:

Hi -

UGens' calculation functions take an integer, usually called
"inNumSamples". It's only just occurred to me (while working on a book
chapter), but it isn't anything to do with the number of samples in
the unit's inputs. A better name might be "outNumSamples", surely? Or
am I misunderstanding something?

It's funny how you don't pick up on these things until you get to the
point of trying to explain things to someone else.

Which is probably why the design is not really done until the documentation is completed.....

RJK