Re: [Sc-devel] [3.2] suggestion: compiler directive for class library

On Nov 21, 2007 1:00 PM, felix <felix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What if you just mispelled the classname ?  you would expect the
> compiler to fail so you could figure out why.

Well, I don't really want to fight about it, but I would point out
that this is a rather silly objection. Presumably you would catch
class name misspellings as part of the development process, and
someone who disables warnings for new code that she hasn't even tried
to compile yet would deserve every moment of (self-induced) confusion
that follows.

The directive would be properly used ONLY for tested code that is
being released to others.

But I do see a problem there too, in that someone could try modifying
your extensions incorrectly without removing the directive.

Anyway, it's moot, making another quark is the right way to do it and
I shall comply :)

James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dewdrop-world.net