Re: [Sc-devel] The Examples Folder

Hi Dan

I don't want to rehash that massive massive debate we had about GPL
etc, but my belief is that the answer you'd get from the FSF about GPL
compatibility is: there is *no way* to apply a license to the musical
output that some third party user produces by running a GPL program. I
really don't want to trigger another discussion since we already had a
very protracted discussion on it, but that's my advice about what
answer you'll get. To be able to apply a license to the output, SC
would have to change to some non-GPL license, which of course is not
going to happen.

I see. So they are categorical on the _output_ issue. As I understood it
the GPL could not be forced such that all output is GPL. But I wasn't so
sure that we couldn't make our own license for the output. Thinking about it now, it might not be possible either. I will therefore remain quiet on this
issue, sorry if I have trolled the list : )

To move on to happier things:
http://supercollider.sourceforge.net/examples has a handful of
examples, I randomly added various things that popped up on the
mailing list, you can copy those into the folder if you like, the ones
which include code that is.

All right. I'll add them as well.

thor