Re: [Sc-devel] MachineListening commits

I've just ran into a namespace conflict with the Loudness ugen, as I have a class for converting to sones and dealing with masking in the language. Anyone has suggestions on how I should name a correlate of a ugen in the lang or if there is a way to have them both under the same class?

I'm about to release a new version of Dissonance (with help files and many improvements) and will start learning how to port some of the work on pitch related auditory perception like in machine listening. By glancing at Loudness and some PV code it doesen't seem so difficult (I hope!) once I get the hang of handling fft data. I can imagine it would by useful to have instantaneous roughness, dissonace scales, pitch salience and virtual pitch for example.

If anyone has done work in this area or has some suggestions, I'll be happy to collaborate. Will be  probably be asking some questions as I bump into problems during the development, so please bare with me.

All the best,
js