[Sc-devel] possible bug? weird situation with exception handling

I not sure how this could happen, but I ran into a situation just now where an error thrown within a few layers of "protect" calls somehow got swallowed, never reported -- where protect is always supposed to rethrow.

For proof I put some debugging lines into protect and try, which I numbered by hand later to show the different levels.

1>>> protect

2>>> protect

3>>> protect

4>>> protect
3<<< protect
2<<< protect

3>>> protect
2<<< protect

3>>> protect

4>>> protect
3<<< protect: got exception, running handler, rethrowing
2<<< protect: got exception, running handler, rethrowing
1<<< protect: got exception, running handler, rethrowing
0<<< protect

The best conjecture I have right now is that thisThread.exceptionHandler gets out of sync, but I can't explain it just yet.

Any ideas?

hjh

: H. James Harkins

: jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx