Re: [Sc-devel] Mailing Lists

Something like htttrack could duplicate the existing archive anywhere you like. Having a single searchable one as we go forward is trickier though.

S.

On 14 Nov 2007, at 18:16, Dan Stowell wrote:

Archiving the entire history is indeed a big issue.

(1) I have just submitted a request to www.archive.org to crawl and
archive the UCSB lists, so that should be a decent backup in case
someone at UCSB sits hard on the server.
(2) You can download a raw dump of the list emails it seems: see e.g.
http://www.create.ucsb.edu/pipermail/sc-users/ - not sure how to
recreate them in any nice way.
(3) I've never been a big fan of the nabble thing, but if (re JH's
comment) it can help smooth the transition by keeping the archives and
the new lists together... that'd be dead good!

Dan