Re: [sc-dev] non-gui usage

Hey,

On 04 Dec 2006, at 23:58, stefan kersten wrote:
i'm working on this; finally got sc to compile with scons+jack+scel on osx.
nice!

the problem is not during compilation but during class initialization.
ok, which makes things alot easier...

not sure how to approach it; imo it would be best to create interface
classes implementing the appropriate methods of an abstract base class.
the concrete class is set at runtime during class initialization:

(Abstract)Document
^  ^  ^EmacsDocument
|  CocoaDocument
DummyDocument

We discussed something similar earlier for the gui stuff... where this is not an option, since it means a lot of extra work (developer have to rewrite all their code).

Document.impl = \EmacsDocument

something along these lines ...

waddayathink?

seems to be ok for my purposes...

right now the switch is incorrectly factored into the platform classes
(my fault), which obviously doesn't work for the commandline on OSX.

yeah...

IMHO it should be possible to define the behavior of sclang by defining it as a commandline argument... because
sclang					# defaults to standard (OSX) behaviour
sclang -noDocuments 	# use DummyDocuments
sclang -EmacsDocument	# use emacs Documents

2c
Till