Re: [sc-dev] [approve] Instr-wrap and default overrides in Patch

On Dec 4, 2006, at 9:35 AM, crucial felix wrote:

But my comment/problem on this before was that it makes an awful mess of the classes.
It makes it very much more complicated and I think there are other ways to achieve this
goal that don't involve polluting the classes as they stand.

I would love to see a more elegant solution. The current mechanism (.ar, .kr) for modular construction of Instr's is, imho, not adequate. You have to do a lot of copying and pasting argument names and specs. Modularity is supposed to eliminate, or at least reduce, that type of redundancy.

As it is few people can be bothered to follow the process of building Instr/Patch
I won't allow it to become more complicated and esoteric.

Fair enough.

p = Patch("something", 880.krne   );  // freq is now fixed at 880 always

That's a reasonable solution; I could live with that. I can work on that change from what I did.

I just hated having to copy the spec out of the instr to override a default, when the instr already knows what the spec is.

hjh

: H. James Harkins

: jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

: http://www.dewdrop-world.net