Re: [sc-dev] Finalizers

Finalizers were used in earlier versions of SC and later abandoned
because of impact on real time-ness of the garbage collector. I
recommend not using finalizers. This code should be removed.

I'd like to link obj-c's retain count system to the GC, so that when SC frees a cocoa trampoline, the Obj-C object receives a release message. Is there a good way to do this?

You have declared a slot in the object for the finalizer?

Yes. I set up an instance variable for the finalizer and I give installFinalizer() the slot number. It is working in general; the problem is it collects in between calls.