Re: [sc-dev] Plugins...

I've had the unfortunate pleasure of doing bunch of universal binary porting so I'm pretty familiar with what needs to be done. If the code is X86 ready all you usually need to do is go into the XCode target and click on two check boxes for each arch. Supercollider, however, uses legacy targets (because of how the xcode projects were transitioned from older versions) so it isn't quite as simple. I've transitioned most of my copy of Supercollider over to using new style targets (except for the plugins), and have it building universally. I can put those changes online if anyone is interested.

You can still build universally without going through the hassle of changing things over to new style targets. On an intel mac set the C compiler flags (in the "GCC compiler settings" part of the target) to:
-DSC_DARWIN -arch i386 -arch ppc

On a PPC mac you have link with universal frameworks, so the flags are:
-DSC_DARWIN -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -arch i386 - arch ppc

Building libraries like libfftw is similarly easy a lot of the time. Apple has a good page about this here: http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Porting/Conceptual/ PortingUnix/compiling/chapter_4_section_3.html

Ryan