Re: Re: [sc-dev] Interpreter Locks

Sorry if a said something that implied I wanted to make big changes to the
SC runtime. I only meant that this particular use of coroutines would not
work with the Cocoa bridge. I would write something in the documentation to
the effect of, "this won't work so don't try it".

If you make it so that this kind of call stack is possible: SC->C->SC
then you ARE making a big change to the SC runtime. In early versions
of SC2 this kind of thing was possible and it was a rat hole which I
had to eliminate or make the whole system unstable for reasons that
are hard to explain in documentation. So you won't be writing
something in the documentation to the effect of "this won't work so
don't try it". You will rethink your design.

--
--- james mccartney