Re: [sc-dev] Interpreter Locks

I tried doing a memcpy of gVMGlobals and then restoring it after calling runInterpreter, and it works (which was surprising) but is unstable. After a while (5 minutes or so?) the object that runInterpreter called gets garbage collected despite it being black and having reference (from the environment dictionary). Why do you say this isn't possible? Is it just the coroutine issue or are there other reasons?

The garbage collection problem was a separate issue that I managed to fix. So copying the VM seems to work; why do you recommend against it?