Re: [sc-dev] S instead of s? (was Function-bund)

On 31 Dec 2005, at 17:53, ronald kuivila wrote:

On 31 Dec 2005, at 13:09, ronald kuivila wrote:

To save typing, how about defining a class S that simply redirects methods to Server.default?
This would save typing and work anywhere (unlike the current convention of using the interpreter variable s).

RJK

Would this be the correct way to do this?

<x-tad-smaller>S {</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>*doesNotUnderstand { |selector ...args|</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>^Server.default.perform(selector, *args);</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>}</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>}</x-tad-smaller>

Or is there a better way to redirect?

S.

Hi Scott,

Yes, that is what I had in mind.
It does seem like it might be worth including in the general distribution, so
I made this a new thread to encourage more comment.

RJK

Hmm. I suppose you could also have I and L for Internal and Local as well. 'I' would definitely be useful.

S.