Re: [sc-dev] [win32] discard SCSpawn?

On 12 Dec 2005, at 22:21, blackrain wrote:

No Java please.
What is the problem with java? Performance? Resources? Well, I dont know, is this really an issue with the majority of things you do?

Qt doesnt sound that bad but we have nothing.
We have built custom Qt Interfaces that connected to SC via OSC, but yes building a whole GUI server is a different thing...

I vote for finishing and writing extensions to the platforms we already have.
SCUM is excellent.
I had a look on SCUM to get ported to windows, but didnt even succeed to compile fltk properly (didnt spend too mauch time on it to be honest...) However, would be great, but there is much to do to get as far as SwingOSC is already...

perhaps a few widgets to code, a few class adaptors and we have a
trusty cross platform solution.
one that is not running inside a virtual machine.

dont trust virtual machines? I dont trust real ones neither ;-)

Christopher