Re: [sc-dev] [win32] discard SCSpawn?

On 12/12/05, Scott Wilson <sdwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't both SCUM and SwingOSC already run
> on all 3 platforms? GUI solutions are multiplying like rabbits.
> Wouldn't it be best at this point to work on coming up with a common
> class interface for GUIs regardless of what's under the hood?

Quite agree. I would love for the GUI code in my library to work on
Linux and Windows, but I'm not going to spawn new versions every time
somebody gets a nifty idea for a new graphics platform. I'm
disorganized enough maintaining the one version as it is!

My vote is for SwingOSC (with loopback for security) since it would
(in theory) involve the fewest changes. I could keep my lib in a Mac
version and use a simple sed or awk script to manufacture a SwingOSC
version.

James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dewdrop-world.net