Re: [sc-dev] ObjectGui-viewDidClose -zombieDidAppear

On Oct 23, 2004, at 4:58 PM, crucial felix wrote:

can you see something that MultiPageLayout should do ?

hm, difficult to say. i couldn't figure out a nice solution until now.
this is the problem:
i have a gui system that can be used within one single window in which it is possible to minimize/hide objects and swap to a different gui (still in the same window). so what i'm doing sometimes is just remove all guis and then call model.gui(layout) again from the gui itself. then i have a different gui in the same window. this works ok and after it all the dependants are removed and added properly. but when i close the window, it calls 'close' on an old MultiPageLayout and therefore it does not remove the new dependants. the next time i create a new gui, i have all these zombies in the dependants dictionary. it took me a while to figure this out. the problem is that when i recreate a gui i can't get hold of the MultiPageLayout, but only of the FlowView. and that one has no access to the window. and as far as i can see even via SCView-parent i can only access the SCTopView but not the window. my solution right now is that i'm storing the window in a classvar of the top-gui and then pass it on ...

how did you remove the views ?  ( view.remove ? )
mhh, yes, i think so.

is the multipage layout holding onto the view ?

suggestions appreciated.

it would be good to have some access to the window. or maybe it should call a *close or so...

-c

p.s. how are your crazy children doing ?  how are you ?
thanks, kids just have so much energy ;-)

so many questions.

-jan