Re: [sc-dev] [Comments?]XML doc? Fwd: html doc

Am 09. Februar 2004, 19:03 Uhr (-0500) schrieb Scott Wilson:

> >>what about latex? It is the standard format for scientific text
> >>production
> >>and there is plenty of tools for it, also WYSIWYGs.
>
> I'm not sure this is the way to go though. Latex is cool, but probably
> overkill.

Latex is inappropriate as it uses layout markup rather than structural
markup unless it gets used in an unconventional way. XML was partly
invented to circumvent the shortcomings of TeX/LaTeX. Using XML (or
some custom SC), you can generate LaTeX from it (That's currently the
normal way to get pdf output from xml: xml->latex->dvi->ps->pdf).

--
Orm