[sc-dev] Post LACMA t's and q's

Howdy, I wanted to thank you all for the help the other day with getting my patch ready, i ended getting it working to the point where i could atleast use it.  I have been thinking about it for a bit though, and i have a few questions.  First i was wondering what the progress was on both the file dialog and also the id generators/synhlib type stuff for buffers, busses, groups, synths controls etc.  I know on the server side all those are supposed to be numbers but, it seems as long as they are only numbers in the language, different patches will conflict with each other when run together and ill never be able to finish a patch because ill always have to edit which busses or buffers etc it is using, same goes with the file dialog and editing paths.  The other concern i have, and i dont know if this is being addressed is the akwardness of the gui code.  The patch ended up being 600 lines of code, about 2/3's of it was for gui.  I did a version in max a day later and it was tiny took me about 20 minuites.  I absolutely hate wiring things together (shaky nerves) but has anyone been thinking about a simpler system for gui?  Id like to know what you all think, Im really trying to make sc3 my main platform but its very difficult to write 600 lines of code for a file looper/effects patch.

Thanks,

Casey

Do you Yahoo!?