Re: [sc-dev] sendMsg vs. sendBundle

On Sunday, November 10, 2002, at 11:52  AM, crucial felix wrote:

my initial question again:
who cares ? we want it now, why do we specify a delay ? there is no exact
time for anything to happen.

Using bundles allows you to guarantee that the relative timings of events are exact. Using unstamped messages will result in jitter in the timings of events. This could be important for granular synthesis or fast tempo events.

--
--- james mccartney   james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx   <http://www.audiosynth.com>
SuperCollider - a real time synthesis programming language for the PowerMac.