Re: [sc-dev] Re: [sc-users] Synth.play revisited

On Wednesday, July 24, 2002, at 06:55 AM, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:

maybe even building a SynthDef from a ugenFunc should be a talent of
SynthDef ? it only needs to know the rates of the args. (and not by guessing
based on the argument names IMHO).

it seems a bit weird to me, too, it is not convenient to write a list of specs each time you want to play a function.

yes but its essential to know if its \audio \control or \scalar.

Synth.play({ arg audio,freq,amp;   ...   },[\audio,\control,\control]);

that wasn't so terribly inconvenient, was it ?

i think that is the approach i will take: remove it from Instr entirely.

go ahead, it's fine for me. If you want, I can do it,

do it to what ? the Instr class you have written ? its incompatible with everything
i have that already works, so i'm not using it at all.

in parallel
and we see who takes out what ;)

another reason why classes should be small, self-contained, and make as few assumptions as
possible about other classes.
if you have to replace/alter 10 classes in order to install one concept...

http://crucial-systems.com