Re: [sc-dev] In.kr only needed for multi-channel .kr ?

On Sunday, July 21, 2002, at 05:40 PM, Julian Rohrhuber wrote:

 thank you, good approach. It seems important to always keep
 a Instr Equivalent in sclang to know the inputs and specs.

Instrument != SynthDef
if you just mean what are the inputs and specs of a saved synthDef
that you left on your harddrive...

simply the following: right now on playing a pattern you have
to supply the argNames in the event. I prefer that the event figures
that out by itself. I have modified Event-protoEvent accordingly.

 the monkey does not need to know what is inscribed on
the shoes of the horses

I do agree.

under sc3, the specs are needed primarily to determine the rate of the input.
both for building the SynthDef and for on the fly patching.

just mean there can be a default one for the ones that are all controls.